Hello and welcome back. I was thinking these past few weeks why I don’t want to do anything on my website. I just didn’t feel like it and every single time I opened it, I just closed it back. And then I realized that maybe it’s time for a change. I always loved my designs and I was always so proud of them, and I still am. But the way I am doing my website layouts, well, it just doesn’t suits me anymore.
I was always a fan of complex designs, abstract ones, colorful and using as many elements as possible, having lots of pages and content. But now, I don’t think that those designs reflects who I am anymore. I wanted something simple, something easy to navigate for me and for you. So I created the “Lovemore v7.0”.
I named it this way because it’s the 7th theme I created for this website. But why I needed a name like this? Because I recreated the entire website. I removed pages, elements and I tried to keep it as simple as possible and easy to navigate. Also, I tried to emphasize my blog, because this is what I want to focus on from now on. Don’t get me wrong, I love designing graphics and themes, but I guess I just don’t have the time for it anymore and it is not a priority for me. I am trying to change my life and focus on different things, so I decided that my website should reflect this.
Let’s take a look and see what is new:
- 1. I gave up all the pages in the about page and wrote something about my website and myself. Go and take a look.
- 2. I kept in my affiliates list only the websites I like to read and some of my friends. Also, I will not accept affiliation anymore. I will add websites that meet the criteria of me visiting them often and liking them.
- 3. I gave up some pages because I think they are useless now: articles, reviews, ask-me etc. Also I organized all the free content for you in one page and you can find the resources, tutorials and themes more easily. Those pages won’t be updated anymore, but I really want to keep them because I put a lot of work into creating the content and I am sure they will be useful to people at some point.
- 4. I reorganized the store page. I wrote all the information again, organized my portfolio and tried to be more specific about the things that I offer.
- 5. Regarding the front page: I decided to give up the entire sidebar, the chat box and to display my posts as a summary. Also I added reactions to my posts (I love them on Facebook and when I found this plugin I was telling myself: “OK. I have to add this. Like, immediately!”. Also I added my Instagram feed in the footer section as well as a back to top link (trust me it’s very useful)
These are the major changes I made, but there are more elements I added, but I will leave you to discover them. I am very content and very proud of how everything turned out, also the shades of blue I used are my favorite colors. After all the pink I used in my previous themes, I guess blue is more than welcome.
Now let me tell you a little about my past months. I tried to have fun, to meditate and reflect a lot about my life, choices, dreams, goals, feeling and relationships. I am still in the process of doing that but I feel like I am getting closer to figure things out with each day that passes. I guess life is a complicated journey and it takes a lot of time to figure out what path to follow. I will probably write more about this in the future, but for now I will let you explore the website. Take care, love everything around you and the most important thing, don’t forget to love yourselves. Also don’t forget t give me a reaction on this post (I want to see how it looks like XD).