There is no secret that I love quotes (in my past layouts I had quotes rotation in my headers). I spend a lot of time on Pinterest searching for quotes and I end up saving a lot of them. Also I have a notebook since I was in high school where I periodically write down my favorite quotes. Probably when I finish that notebook I will buy another one. I am thinking about buying a better looking one and just transfer my quotes from the old one to the new one. The problem is that I am attached to that specific, ugly notebook. Yeah, I get attached of material things because they are part of my history and it’s hard or me to let go.
I like quotes because there are a few lines of other people’s opinions there. You can identify with them, you can find something you were thinking but didn’t know how to put it in words in a beautiful manner. You can find hope, guidance, inspiration in quotes.
So here are, 10 quotes I love:
1. The saddest word in the world is the word “almost”. He was almost in love. She was almost good for him. He almost stopped her. She almost waited. He almost lived. They almost made it.
2. It’s the oldest story in the world. One day you’re 17 and planning for someday. And then quietly and without even noticing, someday is today. And then someday is yesterday. And this is your life.
3. Some choices we make for ourselves in life. Ans some we make for other people. Not because we don’t love them, but because we do. The only way we know it’s right is if it lets us stay true to ourselves. But we can’t regret our choices. The past is behind us. All we have is the present. And the future. Whatever that may bring.
4. Since I was young I have always known this: life damages us, everyone. We can’t escape that damage. But now, I am also learning this: we can be mended. We mend each other.
5.We are all going to die. We don’t get much say over how or when, but we get to decide how we’re going to live. So, do it. Decide. Is this the life you want to live? Is this the person you want to love? Is it the best you can be? Can you be stronger, kinder? More compassionate? Decide. Breathe out. And decide.
6. One day it just clicks. You realize what’s important and what’s not. You learn to care less about what other people think of you and more of what you think for yourself. You realize how far you’ve come and remember when you thought things were such a mess that they’d never recover. And then you smile. You smile because you are truly proud of yourself and the person you’ve fought to become.
7. One life. Just one. So why aren’t we running like we are on fire towards our wildest dreams?
8. It’s a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you’re ready. I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything. There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now. And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.
9. Just be yourself. Let people see the real, imperfect, flawed, quirky, weird, beautiful and magical person that you are.
10. Figure out who you are separate from your family and the man you’re in a relationship with. Find who you are in this world and what you need to feel good alone. I think it’s the most important thing in life. Find a sense of self, because with that, you can do anything else.
Until next time I wish you the best <3. Also, what are your favorite quotes?